Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Old Chola and TOOF: Team Rainbow



There is nothing more precious then teamwork. Seeing two kids come together, granted at separate times and unintentionally, to wheat paste the same electrical box warms me up inside. Los Angeles veteran wheat paster, Old Chola , and new kid on the block, TOOF, are holding it dooooown in Chinatooooown.

It has been interesting to see Old Chola’s evolution over the past few months. First, I would only see just the woman (see post number 7); then about two months ago much more poster like wheat pastes began popping up. When I say poster I mean the bust of the woman but behind her, spires shot out. Now with this piece, we see her incorporating her name which she has never done on her wheat pastes, just her stickers. Not only does she include her name but she puts it down twice, granted in interesting ways. I really like how she incorporated the “Mi Vida Loca” three dot tattoo on either side of the banner.

As far as the kid TOOF goes, I am fan. I like how well done the shark is and………as I have metioned here before……what makes street art successful kids??? WHEN IT IS ENGAGED WITH IT’S MEDIUM. Good memory; in this case when I say engaged with it’s medium I mean the electrical box not Chinatown.

So next time you are getting some dim sum keep an eye out for TOOF and Old Chola, goooooooo kiiiiiiiiiiiids

Location:Corner of College and Broadway in Chinatown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive seen those "mi vida loca" three dots beforeee!

http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo2253hb5.jpg

Anonymous said...

nice blogs!

I think this kids name is Shark Toof.