Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mullet or Optimus Prime (UPDATE)


(Thanks to Just Taking Space for the help. He tells me that he goes by Mullet or Graffism.)

Much like the time and craftsmanship one must commit to build their own transformer costume, Los Angeles’s Mullet is nothing short of Optimus Prime.

Arguably the most widely recognized wheatpaste in Los Angeles, this Mullet is someone who has been going to strong and doesn’t show many signs of stopping. I have been reluctant to post about this supposed bandit due to the fact that I can find close to information on the person, thus not being the resource that I hoped to be.

As far the wheatpaste placement itself, I like how he channeled the marketing scheme of commercial companies on buildings being built. Meaning that they paste tons and tons of what every their advertising, in this case there are 15 wheatpastes at this exact location. I sometimes wish that Mullet would expand his rhetoric, possibly bringing a second color. I know that he sometimes does one of his hands making “LA” which I am sort of into.

O.K. well thanks for reading my Xanga guys, I really appreciate it, and remember don’t lead Fred Durst on.

Location:The southwest corner of the intersection 5th and Spring in Downtown Los Angeles.

No comments: